RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Do you know about domestic water systems in roadtrek CS

Customer Question
Hi. do you know...

Hi. do you know about domestic water systems in roadtrek CS adventurous. 2016. We just purchased it. Virgin trip out. Water tanks full. Holding tanks empty. Pump switch open and pum p running. No water comes out of anything internal. Connecting to city water causes water to pour out from beneath the spare tire. I dion't know the unit very well, but it feels like there's a key valve somewhere that needs to be flipped. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

Roadtrek CS Adventurous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Are you a bot?

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

None. thanks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

frankhi BobThanks for this note...Vis a vis the water email from earlier today on the roadtrek... -- here is a more detailed description of the problem on the 2016 CS Adventurous...----------On virgin run, having funny problems with water system. Not working...1. Run without hookup. Freshwater tank full. Pump on and running. No water from outlets. Pump will run until I turn it off.2. On citiwater -- pump off and citiwater valve under passenger seat is CLOSED. Sinks etc work, BUT water is pouring out from under the spare tire wheel well and possibly elsewhere under the carriage. I canm;'t see where exactly it's coming from. To stop the water from leaking, I shut off citiwater connection.All of this "looks" like a valve somewhere should be in a different position. I can't find the valve though...(I am in nevada and a day out from a roadtrek dealer, so am hoping you may have a clue; have no water until we get this worked out..)Thanks!

I​t sounds like there is one or more of the low point drains open and allowing the water to exit the lines. Most have a valve on the end underneath OR one at the junction of the discharge line and the main waterline inside along the floorline and under a cabinet or rear bunk area. The pump may have debris in the diaphragms if it has no filter or the filter may be plugged up and just need cleaning. If it froze from improper winterization it may be damaged. Check the easy things first and get back to me if you need more here. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. I do have an RV repair shop and work on RVs for a living and have been on this site for over 8 years.

T​here should be two low point drains and are usually right next to each other. The fresh water tank will have a drain as well and that might be open. OR you may have a broken water line if this froze at some point.

Attached is a link to the FlairIt catalog. See page 9 for a list of various valves and what you would be looking for in the lines. They may be gray instead of white. http://flairit.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PexLock_Catalog.pdf

Thanks Randall. Do you know wheee the low point drains are on this vehicle? The web is not revealing anything.

Not exactly.........I work on hundreds of makes and models and can't recall them all by heart. In the shop we just look for them. Either underneath or when we see water running out we know that the valve is above that area and search it out. Water lines are pretty easy to spot as are the valves in them. You can probably contact Roadtrek and get some diagrams from them. Or perhaps ask the person you purchased this from. If this was from a dealer, they should have given you all that as part of the purchase instructions and guidance.

So I guess you got this figured out o.k. finally? If not, please get back to me.

Thanks for checking in.Some progress. Primed interior water pump and now that system works. Will see if unblocking that helps with city water line. Will check tonight.

10-4

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification