RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Wherre is the charging port on a 92 chieftain...trying to…

Customer Question
Wherre is the charging...

Wherre is the charging port on a 92 chieftain...trying to charge it

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

92 chieftain

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '92 RV?

Pace arrow

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to plug in to charge overnight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

still waiting for help

If you are plugged into shore power then the converter should be charging the batteries as long as they are "turned on" at the battery disconnect solenoid switch AND they are viable. If they are over 3 years old they may be failing and not taking a charge or holding one. Load testing would be the only real way to tell that and most places that sell batteries can do this for you. Just be sure you mark the cables and battery orientation in the tray first or take a photo so you get them hooked back up correctly. A good converter should be putting out about 13.7 VDC to the batteries. That can be checked using a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores if you don't have one. Easy to use.

Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more after testing. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

God I just need to know where the plug in is on the RV

In one of the storage bays on the driver's side.

W​ere you able to find the shore cord?