RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I lost 130v power. There is no power. There is 120 to

Customer Question
I lost 130v power ...

I lost 130v power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power. There is 120 to trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Hemisphere 282 to 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked breakers in panel on bedroom

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
282 rk
Is anyone there
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What information do you need

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question. Friday afternoons can be very busy and I just got home from work. 30 amp cord (3 prongs) or 50 amp cord (4 prongs) on this?

H​ow did you determine that there was 120 VAC to the trailer? If you have a small digital multimeter this is easier to track down.

There is 129 to trailer
120 v

H​ow did you measure that and where? Do you have a small digital multimeter? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use.

I have a $100 Fluke meter I measure the voltage at the end of the cord coming from the house to the trailer there is 120 volts there it's a 30 amp plug
There is an electrical panel in the bathroom is there a breaker there for the alternating current

So you measured this at the main breaker in the load center? If not, take a measurement there and see what you have. Is there any evidence on the plug on the cord that shows that is has been hot and that the rubber around the prongs looks melted somewhat?

The plug looks good no evidence of any Berning

T​ake a voltage reading on the main breaker and see what you have there.

I will have to do this tomorrow. Thanks

No problem..........I will be around all day. Just respond back to this posting thread.