RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 RV with ford motor. My electronic throttle…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 RV with ford motor. My electronic throttle control has come on. I am stuck in a Walmart parking lot. What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No codes. I just filled up with gas and after about 200 feet the light came on and it will not pull the camper.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Ford?

2006 E series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and have only tried turning on and off. Is this something a mechanic can come to the vehicle without towing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The check engine light came on after several tries to drive away.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1 replied 7 months ago
Ironmike
Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1

greetings,

Can you check trouble codes? Without knowing codes I would start with cleaning the throttle body.

Using a rag and some throttle/carb cleaner you can remove carbon build up. Sometimes with the ford TAC system the throttle plate can stick and cause the system to go into limp/default mode

Remove the air inlet hose and push open the throttle plate. spray inside and wipe clean with a rag as best as possible.

If there is no sensor or wire harness fault this usually will get you going

is it cold where you are?

let me know what you find