RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We live full time in cold climate (mtns of Colorado)..2017…

Customer Question
We live full time...

We live full time in cold climate (mtns of Colorado)..2017 Bighorn Heartland...tanks are enclosed but not the Yeti package...we believe it is clogged, not frozen, as we have taken precautions for freezing and haven't had any trouble dumping so far...we can open and close the valve but just a tiny bit seeps out and then it stops..toilet is burping (we always wait to dump until it burps)...any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

This is a 5th wheeler...we bought it, pulled it about 100 miles and its just sitting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Bighorn heartland 3990ss...we are connected to public sewer ad water

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are...we have tried flushing while we dump, like we always do to create the pressure but that is not working and the tank is very full so we are afraid to put more water in it..my husband was going to try and snake it this evening but we aren't sure that is ok to do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
can we use rid-x...i am reading a lot of people do..and can we use a snake from inside and go at it that way
12/13/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Yes I know where you are, we have family in Grand Junction

We like to go up to The Messa and the Monument

OK your issue, yes use rid-x it takes a bit to work

and use the snake to unplug

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.