RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Last night my heat quite working it still blows from turning…

Customer Question
Hi last night my...

Hi last night my heat quite working it still blows from turning furnace stat up and down but does not heat,? 1 is I turned the water heater and water off ,because it froze last night,would the water heat effect this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No not that I know,we are talking engine coolant or what

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2002 FleetWood Fiesta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

OK I have not done nothing that will be Missy I am Just trying to see if turning off water heater cause the air heat not to work.I accidentally happen on this forum so i thought i would ask. I will have her reach out to ya'll when she wakes up ok. She is a night Nurse but the brains of the family

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
12/13/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Turning off the water heater won't affect the actual heater inside your RV.The heater inside the RV should still operate properly with the water heater off or on.

It sounds like the heater fan is working properly but there is no burner ignition or fuel flow to the heater itself.Check and make sure you still have propane as an empty or low tank will cause this.If this is o.k. you may have a faulty igniter or burner or gas flow control valve to the burner for the heater.You would have to have this tested to locate which is the cause needing replaced which would require the correct diagrams and test equipment to do this testing, unfortunately.If you have propane make sure to purge air from the lines by lighting a stove burner to see if it lights.If any air is trapped in the lines this will purge air from the system.Other then this though it would need to be tested to locate the faulty component.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

the stove does light,but we are working off a 30lb tank at the moment could this affect it.

As long as you still have propane to light the stove it shouldn't be the tank at fault or low on propane issue here.This sounds to be a fault with the igniter or burner or gas control valve.One of these can fail to cause this issue here.Some of these models also had a control circuit board that can act up and cause this needing replaced.

Unfortunately, these will need to be tested to locate which component is at fault needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician