RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My atwood furnace blows air but will not light I have had…

Customer Question
My atwood furnace...

My atwood furnace blows air but will not light I have had the curcit board tested and is OK I have replaced the gas valve and it worked for a while and quit during the night just blows air what do you recommend next???

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Not light does not start burning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Atwood modle 8535 IV

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2000 Daminon Intreuder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had the curcit board tested and is OK But will not start burner and replaced the gas valve and it started and worked till in the middle of the nifgt a started blowing just cold air

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
12/13/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the stove and other propane operated components working properly?

Was there any debris noticed in the last gas valve you removed?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

No stove and water work fine
Could it be the limit switch

It sounds like possible debris in the propane line leading to the gas valve.If you were able to replace the valve and it worked for some time then quit and you had the circuit board tested and found to be o.k. I would have the line checked for any debris in it from a possible propane hose coming apart internally causing small debris pieces to block the valve.

There should be a temp switch/sensor as well that may be failing to send a false signal causing this issue but since the gas valve was replaced and it did work a short period this may be just debris in the line itself possibly.Unfortunately, my info isn't showing me any diagrams for this model to see what the signals should be at the temp switch or what wiring to test but it is a good idea to have this checked as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician