RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a rockwood travel trailer 05 33ft model 8315ss. does…

Customer Question
I have a rockwood...

I have a rockwood travel trailer 05 33ft model 8315ss. does the heat come from the ac unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I am looking for heat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

8315ss

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dont know where the heat source comes from

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

First time owner of a rv

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
12/12/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

the furnace is separate but uses the same ductwork as A/C

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

It depends on the model of the A/C and whether or not it is a heat pump version. OR if it has a heat strip option. IF SO, it will provide heat from above ONLY. The furnace has a separate ducting system that is under the floor. It can be controlled by the thermostat IF it doesn't have a heat only thermostat OR if the A/C is not have manual ceiling controls. If you can get back to me with the make and model of your furnace I can get you a copy of the Service Manual and discuss any other issues you have. I do have an RV repair shop and work on these systems all the time. I have been on this site over 8 years and have over 12,000 satisfied customers! Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Please ask for me by name. Thanks!

Hi

Wayne here

can you give me the make and model of the A/C system

I should have asked for that 1st

I have been on this site also for 9 years and many 5 stars accept

Knowing the make and model of your A/C here won't change anything OR get you what you needed to know, which was if the furnace has a separate ducting system and how that works. I have explained that in detail and can offer more on the repair of the furnace if that is what is needed here.

delete question not satified

N​o problem..........but, that is the purpose of asking you to follow up with more IF you need more. If you don't ask, we have no way of knowing what you didn't get. I asked you to provide the make and model of your furnace so I could give you more and since you seem not to care about that I have no way to provide more exact information. So I will put this in for a full refund and I suspect you will just need to call in a mobile tech to assist you or take it into a shop. Neither of those options are going to be either quicker or less expensive. That is one reason why our site is so popular. In any event, while this works out well for most users, it doesn't work for everyone. Have a good evening..........

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification