RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My rv starts but after a while it shuts off it is and to…

Customer Question
My rv starts but...

My rv starts but after a while it shuts off it is and to Safari trex Deseil RV class in 1994

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Safari?

1996

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Safari yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s the problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/11/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

does the RV start right back up ??

how long does it run before shutting down??

what is the make and model of the engine,Please

Hi Louie

so this just happens once in a while ??

does it happen while driving ??

Almost always while driving.

HI

Thank you for that

Not being there to see it, I have to ask questions, Sorry

does it seem like any type of order this happens ??

going up a hill?

any type of noise when this happens

or just like turning the key off??

Just like turning key off. If you don’t try to start it for s day it will run about 5 minutes. If you don’t start it for s week it will run about half hour.

Hi Louie

I would like you to drop the fuel filter when this happens and see

if it is low in the filter

Ok. But first you should no that someone told they had the same problem and it was the cam sensor. What do you think?

Hi Louie

Yes, I just wanted to make sure it is not a fuel issue

if that was OK, the cam sensor is next to replace

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Hi Louie

I took the time to answer your question

Please take the time to respond to me

Have a Merry Christmas