RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I turn the key ignition but the computer for the shift d'not…

Customer Question
Hi i turn the...

Hi i turn the key ignition but the computer for the shift d'not go on and the light on panel say shift no working on 1996 tiffin allegro

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The steering is good and the worn to i tray to explain is soon a turn the key to start the lighty on the shift control came on but turn off and don't crank the engine. sun time if i going quick then i start but don't go in drive mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 RV?

Is tiffin allegro 96, 39 ft engine cumming and transmission is allison 6 speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I check the power to the computer box but i don't have the diagram for the wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Look like the power going to the box for sec. then go off.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/11/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, I am not showing a diagram for this myself as well.Check the wiring running to the control assembly for any issues with broken or corroded or damaged wires at all.If an issue is found it will need to be repaired to resolve this fault here.In some cases, the shifter panel assembly/control assembly can fail or act up internally causing this issue here with it needing replaced.You would have to have this tested further to see if this is the cause but I would check wiring running to it for any connection or wiring issues needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician