RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

The light that says ccheck came on and I am new to this 5th…

Customer Question
The light that says...

The light that says ccheck came on and I am new to this 5th wheel and don't have any

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The light on the ref

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2013 3300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything because I don't have any manuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just would like to know what to try first

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
12/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you talking about the fridge??? IF so what is the make and model? Should be a sticker inside the door with that info...

Thanks, Robert

Normally the check light means it failed to light off on LP. The fridge should work on AC power when you are plugged in and in auto, if you loose the AC power the fridge will automatically default to LP if for some reason the fridge does not light off on LP the check light will come on. So are you plugged into AC power? OR are you only trying to run it on LP?? I should be able to get you a service manual but need to know the model, it should be a Dometic or Norcold, most Dometics start with a RM or DM and number and most Nodcolds the letter N and number...

Robert

Dm285rbfx dometic

OK

Let me get you a manual on that....

Robert

I have always operated on AC but today the light went on and I have not been able to get it off

Most likely it is a DM 2852 which is set up just like the RM 2852, just a later version model.

IF the check light came on the first thing to do is go remove the outside access cover and locate the burner tube, the burner tube will sit below the electrode or what sparks, get an air nozzle and blow out the burner tube really good sometimes bugs and debris can get inside of that and cause problems. Click HERE for a service manual and see # 9 check light on.

IF you were running it on AC power and it went to LP and did not light off the check light would come on, it would switch back to AC power when it is available. Make sure the outlet has power the fridge is plugged into. The fridge actually needs DC power NOT AC power to turn on. IF you have voltage at the plug, leave it unplugged and remove the cover on the circuit board and check the fuses on the board, one fuse is for AC power and one is for DC power. IF the AC fuse blew the fridge would want to default to LP.

Look at the manual, it will help the RM and DM 2852 are the same but the DM is a later model...

Let me know if you need more help on this, I am around daily and respond when I can....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic