RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

A week ago had an arch in electrical box some wires and had…

Customer Question
A week ago had...

A week ago had an arch in electrical box burnt some wires and had an RV specialist came in an rewired all electrical box had full power when he left. Washer worked and the front A/C was working so I went back to work. Came home turned on 2nd A/C and hot water heater. Wife came home 15 min later and started washing machine and the Smart EMS still showing 50 amp but no power bar. Went to Store and bought 4 new batteries and now only 1 A/C will work for a couple of hour and then you reset the system with the Magnum Energy system. What do you think I need to replace now

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

All lights and plugs work just large items will not work. I reset all breakers and the magnum energy system said low battery again. The diagram in the book is how I rebooked the batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Magnum?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I just turn it to stand by charge and it powers back up 100% until you turn on an appliance ( a/c water heater eat)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just what I need to do?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi Stan

I am Wayne

Iw il e assisting you with this issue today

You need to call back that electrician, you are not getting full

voltages to your 30 amp breaker

that is the issue

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I am plugged into a 50 amp

Hi Stan

Thank you for the response

even though you are plugged into a 50 amp circuit

you are not getting the 50 amp to your circuit

do you have an amp tester ??, to check in fact that yo are getting that

let me know