RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

This do have thing on house furnce I have no power to the on…

Customer Question
Hi this thomas do...

Hi this thomas do have thing on house furnce I have no power to the on and off switch can you help me pls

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

All time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1977 sportsman class C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Try ed to off/on swict

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO you are saying on your furnace at the ON/OFF switch you have no power or voltage?

That should be constant hot and is normally fed off your main fuse panel, check the interior fuses that are normally next to the breakers and make sure you do not have a blown fuse or loose wire. I might get a test light and probe each fuse for power, if you had a loose connection on the backside of the fuse you would never know by just looking at the fuse, a test light would be a good tool to use to see if each fuse has power. I would also look near the battery for an inline fuse and double check for another fuse box outside, sometimes you will have one follow the house battery cable and see where it is going if it is going inside the RV then interior box should be your fuse location for the furnace.

Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can, I will be in and out today but always respond back.....

ROBERT