RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Forest River Travel Trailer 2003 Wildwood. 23 C,...its…

Customer Question
Hi my Forest River...

Hi my Forest River Travel Trailer 2003 Wildwood . 23 C,...its trailer jack broke and I need to replace. the current one on there is from Atwood. I tried replacing it with a Reese A frame jack but the jack stand itself the main pipe would not fit in. What capacity jack stand do I need and height ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fit?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...i tried a Reese Top Wind jack stand 2000lb

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ would go ahead and get a power jack since you are replacing it now. You can get a good one for less than $200 which has a built in level. See the attached link for a few. Easy to install. You can use one with a 2500 lb capacity and just check the diameter of the hole through the A-frame. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Camper_Jack-pc-Electric_Jack.aspx?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search%20-%20Trailer%20Jack&utm_term=%2Btrailer%20%2Bpower%20%2Bjack&utm_content=Powered

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!