RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2004 Roadtrek Popular 190. My monitor panel will…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Roadtrek Popular 190. My monitor panel will not light when I check the levels.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

These are the lights to show levels of fresh water, batter level , grey and black water

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, just noticed it yesterday, getting ready for trip south

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/8/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Maybe just a bad connection on the board from the power into it. If you have a 12 VDC test light this isn't that hard to test. Try taking the panel out and just carefully remove each lead and put them back again. See if that restores the display. If not, take the test light and ground the alligator clip end to a good ground and see if the red power lead has power or not. Most have the water pump switch as well and if the pump works, then the power is there. If that works and NOT the display after you reconnect the leads, then the board may be bad. It can be replaced. Most are made by KIB and have a part number embossed on the board. Most dealers will have one. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit

Not sure how to take the cover off the Monitor panel. I will try to check with a multi meter this morning. The light for the pump is not red when I turn it on and and the pump is not working. I have checked the fuses. I do have cabin lights, I think that power comes from the auxiliary battery.

Yes, it does. If you remove the screws holding that onto the wall it should come off and you can turn it over and test it. Sounds like it has no power into it. There should be a fuse in your load center that powers that up. If that is good then it may be a bad connection someplace or loose wire in the switch area there.

Should have said no screws

On that model you take the faceplate off first. See that small indent along the edge? You use a very small flat blade screwdriver or tip of a knife to gently pry that up and that snaps off. Then you can access the screws, but you should be able to test it without taking the rest off.

I think I have that exact same version in my shop.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to test this yet? If you need additional help with this please let me know. Thanks!