RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our Norcold AC/DC NR751BB will not get cold on AC or DC. I…

Customer Question
Our Norcold AC/DC NR751BB...

Our Norcold AC/DC NR751BB will not get cold on AC or DC. I have measured voltage getting to the frig but it will not get cold. Have had it to RV repair facility and it ran fine when they had it. It is intermittent problem but most of the time it doen't work at all. Frig is brand new,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No, but I have installed to brand new refrigerators in the past 60 days and don't think they would both have a freon leak. Isn't it ammonia in these fridges?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '60 RV?

We have this frig installed in a veterinary Bowie unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Are these stock questions because I mentioned we had it to a facility already and they didn't find anything wrong

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/8/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​f this worked fine when the repair facility checked it then the most likely cause is a voltage issue in the vehicle where this is installed. What are the power sources you have here? On DC, what is the source of that voltage and has it been checked? Low voltage will keep this from working properly.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!