RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 Forest River Catalina 263RLS. My heat cuts out…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Forest River Catalina 263RLS. My heat cuts out for no reason that I can see. I set the wall thermostat to 80 and it will kick on for a few minutes then cut off. It won't stay on to bring the room temp to 80. HELP!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

I have to place the thermostat in the off position then turn it on again. It will kick on for a few minutes then kick off again. Where is the coolant chamber located

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

See previous post. It will not kick on on its own. And when I turn it up the thermostat warm air doesn't flow from the floor vents.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is a 'reader' on the wall by the door. I push the button that says Heat and the red light comes on so I thought that meant the heating system was 'On'.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you ave the make and model of the furnace?