RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

This is a property I am selling with a 2010 35 ft. of the…

Customer Question
This is a property...

This is a property I am selling with a 2010 35 ft. King of the Road RV on it. The owners had some squeaking in the fans of the furnace this year and had the fans replaced. Ever since that the furnace keeps shutting down. The local technician, we are*****from any city of size in Colorado, worked on it and couldn't get it going. She even ran the fans outside of the unit and they kept shutting down. 2000.00 later their heater still doesn't work. How much would a new furnace cost for that year and model RV?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Only this fall and the problem to begin with was the fans so they replaced them. Now they don't have noise the furnace just keeps shutting itself down.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 RV?

Not sure, 2010 King of the Road is all I know, as I mentioned I am selling a piece of land for the owners that has the RV on it. I can find that out I would think. It might take me awhile

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, the owners of the RV hired a local technician. I am just the friend/ realtor, handling the sale.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/7/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you

Hard to say what is going on I would make sure the battery voltage is good if the voltage was dropping off then it could shut down OR if the LP pressure was off, these are both items the RV tech should have checked out. Assuming the DC voltage is good and the LP pressure then a new unit should work, I would say ballpark on that with labor you are looking at around 1200.00 for a new furnace. If you shop around you might be able to save some money, labor will be about 2-4 hours depending on the model and if any wiring modifications need to be done. You would need to access the furnace and get the current make and model and then make some calls on pricing.

The DC voltage and LP is crucial so if something was going on with one of them then you might have the same issue but like I said the tech should have checked that out first....

Hope this is helpful.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays.... Robert