RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The slide out has no power and will not close. It is a 1998…

Customer Question
The slide out has...

The slide out has no power and will not close. It is a 1998 Winnebago Chieftian power pusher.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No,neither. I put the slide out many times and this is the first time it would not go back in. In the book it has a come a long to put under the sofa and pull it back in .But there is nothing under the sofa.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '98 RV?

It is a Winnebago Chieftian.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I looked for two valves to open that they say is by the furnace ,and they are no where to be found.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am sorry for being so slow but I'm 72 and not very fast at anything anymore. I lost my wife of 36 years and I just want to get out of this house and do not care if I ever come back.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 4 days by:
12/11/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris