RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an Atwood model 8535-IV that has quit working

Customer Question
I have an Atwood...

I have an Atwood model 8535-IV that has quit working altogether. found wires on on/off switch are burnt. don't know if that is only problem. i looked online and the vendor sight said this model has been replaced by model AFMD35. is this the same furnace and will it fit and hookup the same?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Checked fuse and it is good. gas is good. only thing i see is the burnt wire on the on/off switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 Montana 3750. i am a full time rv'r and live in it year round.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Thought i would just order a whole new unit but want to make sure i get the correct one that will fit and wire back the same as this model

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Parts are still available for that and much cheaper than a new furnace. The the exchange isn't a real good fit anyway.

If you need an exploded view of the parts and part numbers let me know.

i am not handy at all with this type of thing and there are no service people within 150 miles of here. i have no idea what parts might be needed. i just thought it would be better to replace the whole unit as it is 5 years old and that mabey i could do that if everything would plumb back up the same.