RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a motorhome and am in Mexico. I pinched the tow

Customer Question
I have a motorhome...

I have a motorhome and am in Mexico. I pinched the tow vehicle wire and think it shorted out but can't find the fuses to check them. the only thing I can find that refers to the tow vehicle is the arens power module but the only wire is a single stab lock. the last 5 digets of the vin # are 86757. can you tell me where to check for a bad fuse(S). there is power to the 7 pin but that is all. thanks ken

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Four Winds Presidio 42a vin#4uzfchbscz86757

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I have checked the fuses for continuity and they seem to be ok. are there fuses in the arens??

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Those are usually in a fuse block under the hood on the driver's side. They can look good, but sometimes they aren't. Best way to tell is with either a 12 VDC test light of a small digital multimeter. Some of these install fuses in the rear storage bay on the wall for the towing fuses. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. There is a possibility that you shorted out the taillight converter. That should be up underneath the rear bumper area. About the size of a pack of cigs and has the wiring go right to it from the plug on the rear. Not hard to test with a 12 VDC test light.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!