RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a new 2017 sunseeker 31' class c,with a Dometic

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new 2017 sunseeker 31' class c,with a Dometic unit.All vents and coils are clean, the air will not turn off using the switch on the main control panel.I can turn it off by turning the thermostat to the off position.It will not stop by turning thermostat up,and does not seem to be blowing cold enough air while it is running.It never stops, and I never hear it cycle on and off.I am plugged into a house breaker 50 amp.what could be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

Not as cold as usual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

31' sunseeker

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just made sure all vents are clean, trying to fix myself,or at lease diagnose it.weather relay or bad thermostat?or both?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/5/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely it wont turn off due to it not blowing cold enough air.This sounds like a possible issue with low freon in the system due to a leak.This has to be checked over/tested for a leak to see if the unit can be repaired and refilled with freon.Low freon also causes low pressure in the freon system which can cause issues with it cycling as well as turning off.If this was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete