RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 2000 forest river reflection with one slide out, when…

Customer Question
Have a 2000 forest...

Have a 2000 forest river reflection with one slide out, when slide out fully in something bangs quite hard in the middle of the floor in motor home on uneven roads, if i leave slide out out about 1 inch perfectly quiet do i have to rip up hardwood floor and sub floor to get access and see what is wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Only 46.ooo miles automatic transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Forest River?

Reflection

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i have adjusted cables so it goes in and out very smoothly everything works perfect but i feel a weld or bracket is broken

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/5/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a loose bracket or guide causing this noise here.If you are unable to see or access it from under the slide carefully you may have to have the flooring removed to access it to locate and repair the noise issue.Unfortunately, my info is not showing how this is done.You may have to see if a local repair center or dealer can tell you how to access it.But it may require removal of flooring to access it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

This reply was of no use to me whatsoever as I know it is a broken weld of some sort but my question was do I have to remove the hardwood flooring and sub floor or is it accessible from the underneath by cutting out the false floor.

Unfortunately my info doesnt show if any flooring needs removed or if it can be accessed from under the slide itself.I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete