RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2009 RV w/10K Onan Generator and Xantrax Inverter. All has…

Customer Question
2009 RV w/10K Onan Generator...
2009 RV w/10K Onan Generator and Xantrax Inverter. All has worked well until motherboard failure on generator. Was successfully replaced. We know Gen and inverter are talking to each other because we can turn generator on and off at the remote panel. HOWEVER the automatic on at specified voltage and off at float charge is NOT working. Have turned inverter on and off but that didn’t do the job. How do we get this feature back? Thank you.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
12/4/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Double check and make sure the correct motherboard was installed.I have seen in some cases when an incorrect part number board can be installed and can cause this issue here needing replaced with the correct number.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I am going to see if I can figure out what the right P/N for the generator mother board was. It was a Cummins truck repair facility that did the work. I surely hope they wouldn’t get it wrong.

If they installed an incorrect mother board this can cause the issue.It may be a mother board they installed that does not have the feature to turn on the generator at a specific voltage.If this is found to be o.k. let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician