RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Q about a Coachmen Catalina 1999. 1999 Coachmen Catalina 330…

Customer Question
Hello there. Q about...

Hello there. Q about a Coachmen Catalina 1999

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1999 Coachmen Catalina 330 MB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Clearance & tail (except turn signal) lights went out while working to replace the clearance lights with LED

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Just got the 3 block fuse boxes. I’m hoping that’s the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I will replace these and see what happens. Hopefully there’s not a short in some line some where

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/3/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Shouldn't be any short. Was there something you needed first before doing that?

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Thanks Randall! We did find that the Ford motor company light switch was bad making the marker and clearance lights in operative. We are hoping that the replacement of this module will fix the problem. Otherwise I guess we will have to rewire the system

Thanks for letting me know. That switch module should work, but if not please get back to me. And you are most welcome!

Is there a lighting distribution box?

Not that I know of. Just a switch module.

Ok great. Where might that be on this 1999 Coachmen Catalina 330 MB?Our new Ford component light switch is good but we have no marker, clearance or high beams.

I don't have that information. I think a Ford dealer would be able to give you that. You can get a chassis manual and have all the wiring diagrams. That would be helpful here.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get that from Ford? If not, Faxon Automotive Literature has manuals. And Lloyds Automotive Literature as well.