RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Does my 2017 Spirit have a hot water heater bypass valve and…

Customer Question
Does my 2017 Spirit...

Does my 2017 Spirit have a hot water heater bypass valve and if so where is it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Where is the hot water heater bypass valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spirit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Winterizing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where is the valve located?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Y​es, it should and most are on the rear of the water heater. May be one, two or even 3 valves. Sometimes you have to remove a small panel to get to that area depending on where the water heater is located and what is on the back side of it in the cabin area. Some units have an exterior bypass valve and it will say so on the plate around the valve. These vary depending on which OEM it is and whose product they are using. Instant hot style water heaters don't always have them. Hope that gives you a place to start. Please get back to me if you need more assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!