RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our duotherm ac/heat pump is not blowing warm air. Vents are…

Customer Question
Our duotherm ac/heat pump...

Our duotherm ac/heat pump is not blowing warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

Vents are just blowing ambient air. We have been using the heat pump the last two weeks due to cool nights. Been working fine until night before last.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2006 Monaco Diplomat MH

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Diplomat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will performing the work myself unless I need refrigeration and I have a commercial tech that I can call on. I want to trouble shoot all I can to narrow down what he would need to do. I do all of my PM and repairs if possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. Could this be a reversing valve. Runs and cools on AC. If so how to trouble shoot.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the model number of your heat pump? And which thermostat do you have?

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!