RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I was replacing the halogen ceiling bulbs with LED

Customer Question
replacements when I inadvertently shorted...
I was replacing the halogen ceiling bulbs with LED replacements when I inadvertently shorted one of the halogen bulbs when removing it...this is on a 2000 American Heritage. There are 3 lighting circuits 2 work fine but the middle circuit won't light. I looked at the 12 volt fuse panel and can't find a blown fuse. Checked all ground fault recepticles...my wiring schematic shows the circuit being tied to the 12 volt panel under the front of the bed...I was wondering about the switchs them selves...are they fused...just don't know where to look next.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The only fuses should be in your load center or sometimes they use a resettable breaker. Push those in to reset. If none of those work, then you may have damaged something in the circuit or the switch. If you have or can come up with a 12 VDC test light we can do some testing to see where the problem is. You may need a length of wire to act as a test ground for the light. Easy to use and I can direct you. All follow ups are included in our on time fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!