RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2001 discovery, slide out won't work no power, need to know…

Customer Question
2001 discovery , slide...

2001 discovery , slide out won't work no power, need to know where motor is located to hotwire or is there a way to manually crank out

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Zero 12 volt, freightliner insataller 4 new house and 2 engine batteries suspect hey installed incorrect as now there is no 12 volt hence no refrigerator, water pump house lights, etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Discovery yourself? What have you tried so far?

Engine starts without a problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to locate the motor for the slide so I can manually crank it out and in until I get back to freightliner

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV

the priority is for me to figure out how to crank the slides out and in. suspect circuit boards have been fried because Freightliner appears to have not installed batteries (2 engine and 4 house ) correctly. MUST use motorhome next weekend but need space inside. it will be weeks before new circuit boards can be installed so manually making slide is my only priority correction to email should be *************

Answered in 3 days by:
12/5/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris