RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1997 Prevost H3 45 that will not shift into gear.

Customer Question
I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 Prevost H3 45 that will not shift into gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Not quite sure bought it about 4 years ago from a charter bus company. It was working fine and all of a sudden wouldn't go into gear. Are you asking if the brake is engaged?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I do have a Allison diagnostic computer that I have not hooked up yet.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
11/29/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On allot of models if the shifter will not move at all or moves only very little this can be due to an issue with the shifter cable itself needing replaced or has become disconnected at the shifter or transmission needing reconnected.If this has already been checked and found o.k. or is not the cause let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician