RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic032 analog thermostat. with the call for heat the fan…

Customer Question
Dometic(###) ###-####032 analog thermostat...

Dometic(###) ###-####032 analog thermostat. with the call for heat the fan comes on and will not shut down after the call for heat is over the fan run all the tine when the stat is on heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I am sorry I did not tell you this is a LP furnace

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Please stand by I will find out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2007 29ft foresr river

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We live 100 miles from rv repair I was hoping it was a stat problem could it be a limit problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/28/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually, there is a temp sensor that tells the control unit when the temp is hot to keep the fan running to cool it when heat is off or done heating.The fan will run for a short time to cool the heater then shut off.It is very possible that the temp sensor is sending a false signal causing the fan to stay on causing this issue here or there is an issue with the control unit/control board for the heater causing this fault.

This will need to be tested further to locate which is the cause and to see if anything else is at fault needing repaired or replaced.This is best done by a facility that has the correct diagrams and test equipment to do this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete