RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hank, read your posts on Generac NP's very helpful but I'm…

Customer Question
Hank, read your posts on...
Hank, read your posts on Generac NP's very helpful but I'm not there yet...
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
11/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 6 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

NP34LP is not a model number, it is a family class.

What are the actual model number (Item number), and Serial number of the unit?

Model 00803-3
Serial(###) ###-####

I was afraid you were going to say that.

This unit is one of the CCRV units. They are impossibly hard to work on - almost as bad as Kohler units.

Generac only made them for a couple of years, partially because they are so hard to work on, and partially because they are not very reliable.

This could take weeks to go back ad forth with.

I think the best thing at this point would be for me to just upload the manual for you, and let you work at your own pace.

Would that be acceptable to you?

That's about where I am at. I have the manuals.I followed the troubleshooting guide and ended up at a dead end so it seems and that's why I registered for a second set of eyes seeing where I went wrong (to better interpret the electrical test "one spark") or whether to move on to a different test... understand if it's not a good investment of your time remotely as well.Thanks.

You've tested the ignition sensor and ignition module?

I get strong spark; Just one on cranking. Grounded the brown wire to test the hall sensor and no change, so I installed a new ignition module, same condition: cranks, no start (haven't rechecked the spark yet). Wire 14 (from CCB) has battery voltage at the junction on cranking. Previously installed new oil temp and oil pressure switches as engine would previously start after sitting run a bit, diesel and die. Also replaced main propane regulator for the camper and the regulator on the unit.
Also checked resistance on coil and it is in spec per the manual.

Sorry, but I'm not going to do you much good, then.

I will opt out. Maybe someone else can help.

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets