RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I own a 2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts the hydraulic slides go out…

Customer Question
I own a 2013...

I own a 2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts the hydraulic slides go out and when I switch the retract and the extend connectors on the panel they go in while depressing the extend button. So what is up?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Forest River Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

Hathaway Edition 36CKTS Cedar Creek ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I own a 2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts the hydraulic slides go out and when I switch the retract and the extend connectors on the panel they go in while depressing the extend button. So what is up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat would tend to indicate that the polarity on the motor and pump is backwards as long as all the rest of the electrical system is good. Has that always been this way or has someone worked on this recently and perhaps done some wiring wrong?

Randall, No absolutely not I guess I did not explain this fully. The slides stopped retracting one day I got them to retract by going into the front bay storage and reversing the retract and the extend connectors on the inner control panel. There exists no polarity issues.

So what is the problem then? Did you change them back again?

That would tend to indicate then that the switch is bad.

Well Randall the switch is fine thanks for asking. Where I'm going with this is - Relay - mother board - etc... savy.
To extend I put the wire in their proper position and to retract I reverse them. Any help.

It depends on the system. Hydraulic slideouts don't have a mother board. You reversed the polarity on the motor and it worked. I know what you did. We do this in the shop all the time. I still think the switch is bad and this is very easy to check. A test light would show this in just a few minutes. You can certainly ask for another opinion here. Let me know.

I pulled the switch from the cabin control panel and checked it's continuity all is good and functioning.
Randall do you mean the relay is bad?

I will go ahead and opt out of this question and allow another tech to offer something for you if they have another idea. They come and go all the time so I don't know when that might be.

Randall if you are tapping out fine just pass me to another but please do not just drop this thread as you can guess I have a bit of knowledge but am stuck in the muck possibly I need to call Chuck.

Your question was put back up on the board again for all techs to see and have a chance to respond. Don't respond here as it will lock me back into the question and that prevents others from responding.