RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Flagstaff VLite 30 WRLIKS, RVIA 4464332 VIN /4X4…

Customer Question
I have a Flagstaff...

I have a Flagstaff VLite 30 WRLIKS , RVIA(###) ###-#### VIN /4X4 TFLF24H18 77578.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Flagstaff?

Accidently hit send, 2017. Purchased in March 2017. The water pump stopped working, anysuggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

What do you mean by over heated?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flagstaff yourself? What have you tried so far?

Prefer not to do it myself. Checked fuse on motor and that is about it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In the old day I would probably do it myself but with the ipad that leave me out of the repair mode. Don't know what else to check. I'm on the road, presently in Northridge, CA, have been since Sep 16th, need to fix before going back to Indiana.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Does the motor come on or not? Filter on the inlet side? If so, check it for debris. If not, it may have sucked up some plastic chips out of the water tank and those may have jammed up the diaphragms. It can be take apart and cleaned out. If it isn't a bad fuse and not coming on it might be a jammed pressure switch. If you don't want to do this yourself you can usually find a good mobile tech in the area to assist you. Most RV parks know of at least one who do good work and are reasonable. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Please do not contribute any more suggerstions. I am still in warranty and have placed a call to Forest River which is all I was trying to do so get some help. Hopefully they will get back to me in the morning. I thought is was out of line when I was asked to confirm a $5 charge. Please refund any money taken. Thank You

No problem.........not everyone likes to pay for our services here. We have rules just like all other sites. Sorry it didn't work out for you. It has for over 12,000 other customers that were happy with the answers I provided. Have a nice day........

I'm sorry also, didn't know this was going to happen. Like I stated before I was just trying to communicate with Forest River to get some help because the pump didn't run. Have you credited the $5 and $24 charges b ack to by account? Thank You and let me know.