RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Genie APW 20. can I convert it to work on AC

Customer Question
I have a Genie...

I have a Genie APW 20. can I convert it to work on AC current also?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not sure it's a walk away

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm hoping to just add a transformer or inverter to accomplish the work.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​hort answer...........no. That is not a realistic solution. I suppose that technically it would be possible, but the cost would be prohibitive. This is designed to operate on DC power. When the batteries are fully charged and in good condition it is designed to work well as designed. Sorry that might not be what you hoped to hear on this, but that is just the plain facts on this. Please get back to me if you want some additional information on this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee and there is no time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!