peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2012 ambassador. The retractable step cover that

Customer Question

I have a 2012 ambassador.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: The retractable step cover that has slipped of the guide or something.
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: I can't get into the mechanism to really see the problem. any suggestions?
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what to try?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it something I can repair myself?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You would need to have the cover inspected to see if it is damaged needing replaced or if it just needs reinstalled.In most cases it should slip right back on but some models use clips or retainers to hold it in place and if any of these are broken or missing then the cover or clips will need replaced to correct this issue here.

It would be best to have this inspected by a shop or dealer so they can see what needs to be done to repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete