RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

One corner is stuck and one won't go up. 2006 coachman

Customer Question
One corner is stuck...

One corner is stuck and one won't go up

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 coachman clipper

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Clipper

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jacked it up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​his is usually the result of one of two things. Either that leg is stuck and just needs some lubrication in the form of some silicone spray around the joints OR the cable is frayed or has jammed around the pulley and needs some attention. Do you have a good mobile tech in that area who can give you some assistance on this? Most RV parks can recommend at least one that do good work and are reasonable. Are you already out camping or just getting ready to go?

I​ believe that this has year had a Goshen Lift System. Popup Portal has a good selection of diagrams and manuals for most popup campers. See that link and it is free to join. Lots of good owner input as well. Please get back to me if you need additional assistance as there is no time limit for any follow ups. http://www.popupportal.com/resources/categories/owners-manual-library.68/

How do you get the springs out of the tube in the middle of the water tank?

S​ometimes you have to remove some items to get to these, but I have never heard of one "in the middle of a water tank" as you describe. Can you attach a photo of that to your post? Did you find that cable frayed or broken?

Were you able to take a photo of this so I can see exactly your situation here?