RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2004 jayco finch and the power to the interior

Customer Question
Hi I have...

Hi I have a 2004 jayco finch and the power to the interior lights and outside light {ie. everything past the door opening is intermittent. I am wondering where this wiring runs and can I bypass it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

I can find diagrams of wiring connections ,but not how they are positioned though the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 RV?

March 2004 finch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your March yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think I would have half an idea if i could remove the door frame and see in to the wiring from there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No iI think that covers it at the moment thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
11/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure the fuses are seated fully and properly in the fuse paneling.This can cause an issue if a fuse is found loose at all.If this is checked and found to be o.k. this can be wiring at fault.Unfortunately, my info isn't listing a wiring diagram layout for this model here.You would have to have the wiring inspected for any loose wiring or loose or cut wiring causing this fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

both times it has happened the van has been stationary for a week or more before the power stopped and i have also checked the fuses they were OK . the first time while still stationary the power came back on.

Are you losing power at any of the fuses for these lights when this occurs?You would need to test to see if any of the fuses for these components that are acting up are losing voltage.If they are then the fault is usually with the fuse panel/power converter needing replaced.

If you are not then the issue is wiring but unfortunately, they don't tell us how this wiring is run to these components.I know the wiring is run between the inner and outer walls but no direction in which direction or the location.I have had to start at the light assemblies removing them to check to see which way the wiring runs and work from there when it was an in between the wall issue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete