RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 Gulfstream Cavalier. Which post on the battery…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Gulfstream Cavalier. Which post on the battery does the ground go to? Positive or negative

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

It is a brand new battery but when I bought the trailer the battery was not connected it had been sitting for years. So now that I have a battery I'm not sure how to connect it. There is a power wire and a ground wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cavalier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself. I have gutted it out. And I'm completely remodeling it. I just don't want to hook up the power wrong and mess up the converter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok. What do you need.

All RV ground leads go to the negative post. The converter should be putting out about 13.7 VDC to that battery is it is working properly. Is that what you need? If you need more please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

You should hook up the negative last. And disconnect it first. Keeps from shorting the battery out accidently.

Ok. Then if I do that and have the shore power connected the ac and DC both should work?

Yes. If everything is hooked up correctly.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get these hooked up o.k.?