RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Low dc voltage code comes on when furnace is turned on

Customer Question
Low dc voltage code...

Low dc voltage code comes on when furnace is turned on furnace blower runs but will not light fridge is new

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the norcold nxa641 it works fine switches from gas to electricity on auto battery is new but been having trouble with the furnace not lighting but blower runs found out last night that when furnace switch is turned on get low dc voltage on fridgr

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Old 1988 motor home 1988 belongs to fathers in law don’t know the model but the fridge is new was replaced this summer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to light the furnace light twice but not anymore blower works fine but noticed last night that when the switch is turned on for the furnace and the blower starts get the trouble code on fridge since fridge was replaced last summer by a camper dealership is it possible some thing is wired wrong

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Hello randall

A​re you plugged into shore power or not? How old are the batteries? If you have a small digital multimeter or can get one we can check the incoming DC voltage to see if the batteries are being charged. Get back to me when you are ready to test. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Phone call session started

G​ive me a call back if you need more later........

I should be around most of the weekend