RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am the second owner of a 2015 Roadtrek Adventurous CS. I…

Customer Question
I am the second...

I am the second owner of a 2015 Roadtrek Adventurous CS. I purchased the unit approximately one month ago with only 6,000 miles on it. I find that there apparently is no fluid in the Alde system as nothing is visible in the reservoir. I located what appears to be the drain plug for the system underneath the RV by the left rear tire. The plug for the drain tube appears to be intact, however, the tube extends only a short distance through the wheel well, and there is no hose clamp of any type to hold the plug in. In fact where the drain tube protrudes through the body the tube is so short that I don't believe there would be room to put some type of hose clamp on. I can't imagine the plug is just pushed into the hose without some type of hose clamp. Where do I start? Can I use the reservoir to fill the system to check for leaks, and does the system have any type of self bleeder. Thanks in advance.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your RV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Basically that is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
11/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, you may have to have a dealer or repair center look up your model to see if it had a clamp or if it was just a tight fit hose.In some cases, it is just a tight fit hose and the hose may need to be replaced to correct this issue as some times the hose swells making it loose and it may just be a push on connection with no clamp.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete