RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We a. We have a 2017 312 qbr and noticed we carpet by the…

Customer Question
We have a 2017...

We have a 2017 312 qbr and noticed we carpet by the bunk side of the dining room carpet. We thought that it was a failure of the city water connection so we replace that but it still happens with the fresh water connection. We can see water drip every few moments from the plastic that is screwed in under the ca,per by the wheels. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

The leak was noticed as the carpet is wet, the drip is coming from the camper floor area just above the real front wheel. It appears to leak when the system has the water pump on and or when it is connected to city water

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

312QBD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the city water connection

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
11/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

C​an you get to the pump and see if those connections are tight? Is the water heater anywhere near there? Look for drain line leaks as well. Look for any area where you think it might be coming down inside a wall or under a wall like from the toilet. If you have an icemaker check that line. And are you sure that this might not be coming from the roof area? Happens frequently. Let me know what you find and I can offer more here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Thank you.Just to answer.Carpet stays dry when there is no pressur eon the ssysrem. Drensches when we turm on the pump
No rain today
No ice maker.
It is right where we connect the city / fresh water outside.
Not sure where the water pump is.

That shouldn't be that hard to track down then. What kind of connections or fixtures are in that area?

There is the freah water connection. And the city water connection.
We have already replaced the city water connection

Y​ou should be able to get to that side of the water lines and find out what is loose or broken. Is that possible?

Theres an undercover pinned
Its why were reaching out. Just didn't want to start cutting it out if it was an easy fix

Is this connection above floor? It should be. You should be able to see the leak with the pressure on.

FlairIt makes some good fittings of all types that are easy to install. No special tools required.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to track down the source of the leak and access it?