RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No power inside the motorhome with generator on. All

No power inside the...

No power inside the motorhome with generator on. All breakers and fuses seem ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1998 Rexhall motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We don't know what else to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The heater stopped also

11/24/2017
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you checked the breakers on the generator??? DO you have AC power when you plug into power? DO you have to plug a cord in for the generator to allow AC power into the RV OR is it automatic? You start the generator and have power available?

Thanks, Robert

No power with generator on, does not have a plug in. It just all of a sudden stopped working
Is he going to call?

Did you check the breaker on the generator????

IF it all the sudden stopped working then it could be the transfer switch. The Transfer switch detects the incoming power source, and switches back and forth from shore power to generator power. The transfer switch can fail on shore or generator power and when that happens you get NO AC power inside the RV. So I would try and locate the Transfer Switch and see if AC voltage is present, if you have AC voltage going into the TS but not out it is the problem. The TS can be located in several areas, next to the cord in a box or inside the RV, could be behind the breaker panel, under the bed, closet etc.

I would check the breaker on the generator to start if you have not done so.

There is an added fee for a call, and hopefully my answer here is enough to point you in the right direction. You can respond back as much as needed, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Robert

Thanks we will check out the TC can't afford the phone call.

No problem at all, you can respond back anytime if needed......

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Phone call session started