RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 ThorAxis and my heat doesn’t work. The fan…

Customer Question
I have a 2016 ThorAxis...
I have a 2016 ThorAxis and my heat doesn’t work. The fan comes on amd you hear the sound that it’s trying to run. sometimes the sound is a few seconds, other times it lasts almost a minute but then stoppps. The fan comtinues to blow. Please help!! It’s COLD in here!!!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
11/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is a propane operated heat system make sure the propane is switched on.If this is o.k. make sure you light the stove to make sure you have a good flow of propane then once lit turn off the stove and try the heater again.If this does not work you may have a fault with the gas flow valve not allowing fuel to the heater that causes this issue here.You would need to have the heater tested to see if the valve is the cause or if there is another component at fault like the ignitor or circuit board/control unit needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

HI Pete, Thank you for your reply. HOwever, I was able to figure it out. What had happened was I had recently let my propane run dry and I filled up just before my last trip, which was the day before this question. I was unaware that I had to bleed the lines or whatever you call it. I was able to get some assistance from another camper who has been doing this much longer than I. Anyway, this RV'g stuff is an ever learning experience. Thank you so much for your reply!

Your welcome.Glad it has been resolved.That is usually the first thing I mention but usually, everyone has tried that already so, unfortunately, I didn't post that.The good news is that it is up and running again.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete