RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Atwood 8535ivdclp .fan runs when thermostat set to electric

heat. runs for a miniute...
atwood 8535ivdclp .fan runs when thermostat set to electric heat. runs for a miniute or so then stops. will start when switch is moved and returned to elec position . then stops after short time.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no. where to check
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005alfa syf35rlik
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: id like to fix myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That can be caused by several things, but the most common is a bad control board UNLESS this has had an upgrade to an after market Dinosaur Electronics board which are superior to the OEM boards and almost never go bad. Low LP working pressure is another at the tank regulator. That should be checked and adjusted as needed at least once a year and is often neglected. It might be just too low a working voltage at the furnace. That can be easily checked with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. It can be a bad connection at the sail switch or some debris in there or a faulty limit switch. IF you can get to the controls from an outside inspection cover over the furnace this is easy to check. I can direct you in this. I am adding a link to the Atwood Furnace manual for this model. Print this out so you have it. Hope this gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if I can add more or assist you in the testing as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

There is an optional phone chat option available if you would like that. No time limit and multiple calls are o.k. here. A lot cheaper and usually faster than a trip to the RV shop. I am around every day and I do have my own RV repair shop and do this sort of repair all the time.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Thank you for the generous bonus! Always nice to be appreciated here. Please tell your friends about our service at Just Answer. Be safe.......

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It turned out to be real simple.
The on line propane was empty. We're in league city TX. Flooded by Harvey. Brother brought 5th wheeler down from troy TX. Not real familiar with r.v. except to dump tanks every couple of days. So.thank-you.

That would sure do it! I can add that you need to have that LP working pressure checked and adjusted as needed at least once a year and keep water in the batteries and the cable connections clean and tight. Lots of issues when those are neglected. Use a good chemical in the black tank like Happy Camper and you can find it on Amazon. Please keep us in mind if you need more later "down the road" so to speak.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification