RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to replace an RV A/C unit but cannot find the model…

I need to replace...

I need to replace an RV A/C unit but cannot find the model number on your site. The model number I have is 651816.30C0.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your RV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The compressor failed. Is it possible to just replace the compressor?

The old unit is no longer in production. What is the model # of the new replacement A/C unit.
11/22/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Unfortunately, unless you can find an HVAC tech willing to rebuild this and find you a compressor then no. That would be pretty expensive as well. Let me get back to you in a few with the new model number and source.

The a/c unit on my RV is not functioning. The service person said it was a bad compressor and it would need to be replaced. They said the old unit is no longer made. I need the model number of the new replacement unit.

How did he determine that the compressor was bad? And the new one, if you need one is the same model number so I might double check what he told you. Maybe he just wanted to make a quick sale! I can show you how to test this if needed. Was the compressor running and just not cooling?

I trust his judgment. Could you give me the model number for the current replacement unit?

Same one you gave me. About $1,200 or so, but shop around as the price varies.

When I go on the Dometic site and search for that # it doesn’t find s product.

$989 at Adventure RV.net. Use "Dometic Penguin heat pump" as the search.

You only needed the first part. 651816

Looking it up. Can you wait until I’m certain I have the correct unit?

I am around all day. Did you go to that site I gave you?

I think I have the info I need. Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome! Please get back to me if you need more as there is no time limit on follow ups.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification