RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2013 Raptor Toy Hauler. There is water coming up in…

I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Raptor Toy Hauler. There is water coming up in the sinks. I drained the both the gray and black water tanks. Well the ones that I saw pulls for. Are there more pulls for more tanks? On the panel inside the rv there are 2 gray and two black. One of the gray buttons states that it's still full and one of the black buttons shows that that tank is still full. I have water coming back up into the kitchen sinks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2013 Keystone, Raptor, Toy Hauler

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

Raptor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the knobs to empty the tanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

11/22/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

On many Keystones you will have two manual valves for the gray water. Normally there is one next to the black tank and then sometimes you will find on above the rear tires so if you have mot looked in that location I would, on some models you have to run the slide-room out to see the valve.

IF you pulled all the valves and the water is backing up then the valve might be faulty not allowing the water to drain out, it sounds to me like you have two pull valves for the gray water.

Please let me know if you need more help, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert,Thanks for the information. I found the second pull for the gray water and emptied that tank, so the water emptied out of my sink. But there are two buttons for the black water tank. One says it's empty and one says it's still full. Is there another pull for another black water tank as well??? I'm not sure why I wasn't told about the additional tanks on this model.

Normally the black tank would only have one discharge valve and I would take another look underneath for a valve or look for a smaller pipe going into the larger pipe where the other valve is sometimes they will stick one on that pipe but it is rare to have two black tanks unlike the gray water. So see if you can see another pipe that T's into the main pipe where the valve is...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic