RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am trying to winterize my hemisphere hyper lite trailer. I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i am trying...
Second opinion] i am trying to winterize my hemisphere hyper lite trailer. I am unsure of how to get the antifreeze into the fresh water tank. I want to winterize without blowing out the lines.it will not allow me to pour it in because of the spring loaded valvesJA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your RV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?Customer: not really, it is brand new and it has been back to the dealer once already
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
11/22/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

D​id you see the answer I gave you on your previous posting? You drain out the water in the fresh water tank and DON'T put antifreeze in there. Just pump the antifreeze through the system using the winterizing valve on the pump. If you don't have one you can install one. I can direct you in that. Perhaps a phone chat would help clear up any confusion on this. Let me know if you need more.

A phone chat is a lot less money than doing this wrong and having to pay for some expensive repairs as a result. I see this all the time in my own shop. Or pay a mobile tech to come over and do it for you and instruct you how to do it properly. I do this for my shop customers all the time.