RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a Sprinter by Keystone that I have only had for about

Customer Question
3 weeks. First I have...
I have a Sprinter by Keystone that I have only had for about 3 weeks. First I have no hot water when I turn my faucets on, the water in the hot water heater is hot, Yes the bypass valve is turned and I have even put a new bypass valve on it so what else could be wrong or is there another valve I know nothing about?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No we have not had any leaking and the coolant level is fine.
JA: What year is your Sprinter?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, because it is over 100 miles from a keystone dealer and I can not just up and take it every day. I have checked the valve on the back of the hot water heater to ensure it was opening and closing properly then I put another valve on the pipe going up and down between the hot and cold water behind the hot water heater to be double sure that the water is not mixing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just want hot water
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Hello I have been waiting for over 2 and half hours am I going to get a response?
11/22/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 19 days ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 18 days ago

Sorry for the delay.

IF the water coming out of the pressure relief valve is hot and you have the valves in the proper positions I would look for a check valve on the back of the tank, it would be a brass or plastic 4" pipe that threads into the tank. Below is a picture, when the spring and disc fall out it can block the flow of hot water. Normally it is installed on the hot side or the line at the top of the tank but I have seen some installed on the bottom or cold side.

IF you have an Atwood XT model let me know, that one uses a mixing valve. IF you still need help please get me the make and model of the water heater.....

I am around daily and respond WHEN I can....

Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 16 days ago

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
No that was not what the problem was as I replaced the valves. It was the outside shower faucets were turned open and it was acting like a mixing valve. I found the answer on UTube which had a video that was called don't make a newbie mistake when you are RVing.

I am glad the problem is resolved, I should have mentioned the outdoor shower valves. I have seen that before as well but it could have been a check valve problem as well, I should have mentioned that...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic