RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I own a 2000 Fleetwood American Dream motorhome. The dash…

I own a 2000 Fleetwood...
I own a 2000 Fleetwood American Dream motorhome. The dash heat will not put out warm air. The radiator is full of anti-freeze. When the engine temperature is 190 degrees the lines coming to the front are warm but are not too hot to touch.They are warm enough to produce heat but I don't get it. I unplugged the air conditioner to be sure it wasn't overriding it. It did not change. All of the controls work properly. I have all of the front upholstery out in order to see and be able to work on it.
11/22/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the heater core is restricted partially or if the lines from the engine or coolant passages in the engine that feed the input line to the heater core is partially restricted this will cause this fault here.In allot of cases all that is needed is to back flush the heater core as well as the engine cooling system to resolve this fault here.I would try to flush the heater core out ( you can use a garden hose to flush back and forth through both ports on it) to see if this resolves the fault.If it does not check for any debris in the cooling system indicating the system needs flushed out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Where do you recommend I disconnect the line to flush it. The coach has a 330hp Cummins engine so where does it get the hot water from the engine for the heater?

I recommend to disconnect at the heater core itself.My info isnt showing a diagram of the hose connections but you should have an inlet and outlet hose.Plug off or clamp the hoses so no coolant is lost then remove them at the heater core itself ( where they connect at the firewall ) and perform a flush through the heater core to see if this resolves the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician